Wednesday, December 16, 2009

EPIC Fail.

I realize, upon Mr. Jarmon's watchful eye and scrutiny, that its been a while since my last post. If I were a better, more dedicated photographer, I would have no excuse not to lug my 2lb camera around with me everywhere, but I'm not. I will admit, its been cold. I just checked the temperature - its 19F, that is -7C, folks.... Granted its midnight, but where I come from, that is unheard of. Until yesterday I have been layering under my fleece...but lucky for me, my mom sent my HUGE SubZero parka yesterday. I promise I will take a picture in it. I look like the Jet Puffed Marshmellow Man. Alas, I am tougher than I thought.

Korea is rather gung-ho on the Christmas deal, as in America, a consumer holiday. I don't see much in the way of churches putting up mangers, but they do have those annoying Salvation Army guys in all the subway stations. My kids have all seen A Christmas Carol and know the words to "Jingle Bells."

Photos will undoubtedly be posted in the next few days and weeks. This Saturday I am going to the DMZ (Demilitarized Zone....ie: border of North Korea). Pretty pumped. In two weeks I am visiting my good dear friend David Marshall Stout in Vietnam for my winter vacation. Though I'm pretty sad about not being home for Christmas (it will be the first in as long as I can remember that someone in my family won't be there) and the NATIONAL FREAKING CHAMPIONSHIP ROSE BOWL GAME, being on some of the most beautiful islands in the world will help ease the pain.

Miss you all. Happiest of Holidays.

2 comments:

  1. I was abroad in Chile for Christmas two years ago. And I must say, it's a good experience as you realize how much family means to you as you take them for granted during past years. Have fun, Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete