Tuesday, September 22, 2009

동대문시장 (Dongdaemun Market)

Sean, Scott and I went to Dongdaemun (neighborhood of Seoul) on Sunday not knowing what to expect. What we found were more bargains than you could imagine and more useless crap than anyone would ever know what to do with. (I talked a woman down from $7 for a pair of amazing kelly green velcro sneaks to $4.) We were the only foreigners. Needless to say, I was in heaven.

_MG_1659 copy

_MG_1626 copy
"Caca jusayo?" (Sean's a haggling wizard)

_MG_1652 copy
Becky this sooooo reminded me of you :)

_MG_1543 copy

_MG_1623 copy6
so not organic don't panic...I almost bought it, rationalizing that though its fur, it's second hand so the animals weren't killed for ME. ha. yeah right.

_MG_1655 copy

_MG_1606 copy

_MG_1555 copy
I liked how Barack Obama, Black and White Michael Jackson, a gorilla and some Chinese dictator were sold next to each other.

_MG_1664 copy

_MG_1638 copy2

_MG_1650 copy
(Sean made this guy sooooooo angry because he touched his stuff without asking and didn't put it back in the right place... hahahah.)

_MG_1672 copy

3 comments:

  1. you are the coolest girl in whole world. i love you. and that coat looks amazing on you. miss you mucho and wish i was there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your blog!! Callie sent me a link to it. I'm so glad you are having such a good time in Korea. I miss it there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Eby... The market is amazing... so many people and so much stuff. Your pics are fantastic... love the masks, the children, etc. more more more !!!!! I want more !!!! gogo

    ReplyDelete