Monday, October 19, 2009

A Korean Wedding

Tina invited me to her bosses wedding this past Sunday...I was expecting a traditional Korean wedding but Laura (the bride) wanted an "American" wedding. Lets just say an American wedding in Korea is a loose interpretation, the only thing American about it was the fact that she wore a white dress. For starters: the bride and groom don't kiss, no exchanging of rings or vows, no bridesmaids/groomsmen/flowergirls, some guy got up and serenaded them via karaoke (mic problems + bad voice = it was akin to William Hung's American Idol audition. I couldn't help myself from laughing so hard I cried).

You give money instead of gifts and only odd amounts are acceptable (and if you didn't give money, you weren't given a buffet coupon...ask me if I got one...ok I did but only after a Korean guy went up and convinced the guy to give me one.) They had a traditional Korean ceremony after lunch but it was in a tiny room that I had to sneak into to get the last shot.

_MG_2509 copy
_MG_2522 copy
_MG_2520 copy
_MG_2553 copy
wedding flight attendants?
_MG_2562 copy
_MG_2567 copy

No comments:

Post a Comment