Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A Vietnam Christmas

For Christmas-New Years this year I visiting my good dear friend David Marshall Stout in Vietnam. Dave had to work on Christmas so I spent the day/night wandering around Hanoi, sweating, getting a 75 minute massage for $8, drinking beers with some kids I met in the airport, being lost and mostly trying to avoid becoming roadkill by one of a bazillion motorbikes.

It was a strange feeling - being alone in a big, new (old, technically) city on Christmas.  I spent most of December lamenting the fact that I was missing Christmas, but when the day actually came it truly didn't feel like any other day.

(Reader Beware: there will be many MANY photos of the aformentioned 9 days.)

_MG_3742 copy
A packed airport on Christmas Day.
_MG_3746 copy
_MG_3763 copy
_MG_3751 copy
_MG_3785 copy

No comments:

Post a Comment