Friday, January 7, 2011

Phamily Thanksgiving

In the last two months I was in Seoul, I had the very fortunate chance of meeting an entirely new group of people, musicians, artists, etc. This was the group I had been unknowingly been looking for all along in Korea (of course I didn't find it until the end). They are the biggest reason I've been considering going back in the Spring. Ultimately, I know I couldn't recreate the scene/experience that I had this Fall but I love these people with all my heart.

Steve (the biggest Deadhead I know :)), had an amazing Thanksgiving Party at his place. He was great host and his wife and daughter flew in from New York for the occasion. The night went something like this: whiskey/wine, music, food, music, food, wine. It's pretty amazing to be 7,000 miles from home and feel like you are part of another family. I will never forget this motley crew and am especially thankful for Sarah, Matt, Steve, Phil, J.J., Don, Alecia, Zee, Fred, Dave, Patricia, Soju Matt, etc etc. lots of <3

_MG_0428 copy
Isabell
_MG_0434 copy
In my element - with the 10-year-olds...
_MG_0447 copy
Steve's Thanksgiving Speech/Toast
_MG_0453 copy
Matt Mangano and Tim
_MG_0460 copy
Steve and J.J.
_MG_0479 copy
Matt and Patricia (Texas represent!)
_MG_0484 copy
J.J.'s a Dirt Bag (The Phil in background)
_MG_0485 copy
party animals - Steve, JJ and Matthew John J. Hennessey Baker
_MG_0491 copy
My besties - Sarah and Helen
_MG_0486 copy
Love this, love you MJJHB.
_MG_0495 copy
thisth isth mah sexthy posth - Soju Matt and Tim
_MG_0507 copy
Who knew a brilliant saxophone player could do a damn-good Neutral Milk Hotel rendition on the guitar!?

No comments:

Post a Comment