Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Drugs Don't Work. (They Just Make It Worse...)

I've been bad about posting the past few weeks...I've been pretty sick. A death cough (aka bronchitis?) and a sinus infection. Doesn't help that daily temperatures are hovering around 28F. Apparently Koreans don't believe in anti-biotics. After being told on two separate occasions by the same ENT "it is not very serious I think," receiving pills that do absolutely NOTHING, and scaring most of my students into believing I have Swine flu; I went to a Oriental Medicine doctor.

Apparently Oriental medicine is actually more like magic or something because the "doctor" (with the Rolex), put his middle and index finger on my wrist, took my pulse, gave me 18 bags of herbs and told me to mix them with hot water three times a day and I would be cured. I feel Billy Crystal is about to jump out any moment with a fake nose.

_MG_3218 copy

No comments:

Post a Comment